Sunday, December 11, 2005

Seasons Greetings








This is my first try at blogging. Crosstitching has been one of my favorite hobbies for many years. I was first introduced to this fine art by a co-worker. Laura was stitching jar covers for her boy's teachers in 1978. Watching her do this sparked my interest, I have since be able to teach others. I enjoy this hobby very much. It is very relaxing and gives one a feeling of accomplishment. It is most rewarding to share something you have stitched with others and watch their enjoyment of it. Above is just some of the stash I have collected over the years. Because of Katrina and the move to Baton Rouge I have had to condense. I must say I lost none of my crosstitching during the hurricane. I had then all lock tight in rubbermaid containers and placed in the interior of the apartment. I also lived on the second floor of the apartment building.
I have found a new LNS in BR Crosstitch Corner, Robin and Diane have been very helpful. I still do my internet orders and must visit New Orleans and my friends there at Acadian Corner and Accents In Stitches.

No comments: